Friday, August 11, 2006

Computer Woes

Warning: this is a no-edit zone...

I love computers--when they work, and mine hasn't since I returned from RWA two weeks ago. It's been to the computer doctor twice. To no avail. A computer guru who takes care of super-size corporate chain networks spent hours trying to figure things out. To no avail. He called several other friends who work in his area. To no avail.

I've spent countless hours I should be writing on trying to figure out what's here that shouldn't be, what's causing this quirky thing to happen. To no avail.

And I'm on a tight deadline. So these woes are not coming at a convenient time. (Is there ever a convenient time, really?)

I'm hamstrung and accepting it. Working on my non-net equipped laptop to finish the book, and trying to not let my mind dwell on what is wrong with my computer until the book is done.

When it is, I'm scrubbing the hard drive and starting over. That puts knots in my stomach, but it's all that's left to do. I'll lose a lot of things I wanted to keep. But that too must be accepted.

I'm searching hard for the silver lining in this little cloud. A clean mailbox? File cabinet? A computer litter-free (for a moment)?

It's been a frustrating experience, this, but I know something good will come of it. And something has. I know a LOT more about computers today than I did two weeks ago. And I've learned from some of the best!

I still love computers. And I'll never again take mine for granted. Each day, when I log on, I'll be grateful it works!

Blessings,

Vicki

Vicki Hinze
www.vickihinze.com
HER PERFECT LIFE
THE COMMON SENSE GUIDE FOR WRITERS
www.everydaywomanradio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment