Monday, May 29, 2006

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN: THRILLER

Warning: this is a no-edit zone...

This is a post about roads not taken.

I'm a charter member of ITW--International Thriller Writers. And as such, over a year ago, I was invited to submit a story of the first thriller writers anthology. I wanted to do it, but I was neck-deep in a continuity project with a killer two-week deadline at the time and I just couldn't work this ITW project into my schedule.

I knew it'd be terrific; some of the most talented authors on the planet were participating and James Patterson was editing. It couldn't lose! But you've got to meet your agreements, or do your very best to do so, so I accepted that this was just one of those things that wasn't meant to be. I don't regret it, incidentally. But I do wish it had worked out.

The book was bought by MIRA at auction. And now it's coming out. The reviews are stellar. And I'm betting sales will be, too, and we'll see this puppy on all the bestsellers' lists.

Even more exciting is that we'll see a surge in thrillers overall, including my favorite type of book, the romantic thriller.

There's a free short story from the book available at the following link: www.thrillerbook.com. There are also several links to buy the book. Tons of the authors are going on tour with it, and to see which of them will be in your city signing copies, there's a listing at http://www.thrillerbook.com/tour/.

It's going to be awesome--and open doors for so many other writers. I can't wait!

Blessings,

Vicki

Vicki Hinze
www.vickihinze.com

No comments:

Post a Comment